Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Juniors and Seniors Practice Cornell Notes

The Juniors and Seniors continued their learning of the Cornell note taking process today. I told them the notes themselves are important, but it's the process of interacting with the material 4 times that will cement the info in their heads. The process also sets up the notes for study.

We finished the process from last weeks' notes and then practiced taking notes from a text. Students turned in both sets of notes.

Juniors had their binder checks today. Josh said they looked pretty good. Today was the first day that binder checks will count for a grade.

Yvonne got her senior pictures done by Peace Lutheran Church member Jil Hendershot. They are gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. Chao,
    I did the Cornell Notes (with some tweaks)and it worked.
    I ignored the classmates around me who thought I had gone "werido,". It took 1 and a half month that I saw few other students begin using similar methods to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my professors thought I had an learning disablities during a short period of time until I clarify it as "Cornell Notes."

    --I was not surprise they did not acknowledge this--

    ReplyDelete