Monday, February 8, 2010

Time Management and Goal Setting

I had to rearrange the classroom because of the high number of sophomores! I can't fit them all around the table. So now the place looks less like a seminar room and more like a normal classroom.

We got our binders organized and I had the students write their long term and short term goals and tape them in their binder or put them somewhere on their binder where they will see them all the time. Then I had the kids write out on a weekly calendar their typical week. They also wrote how they could spend their time better at school, at Peace and at home. I will spend some time going over these and share them with the students' mentors. There will probably be lots of opportunity for conversation and support from mentors.

No comments:

Post a Comment